Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Peach Picking!

Just about an hour south of us is Nanbu Town, where you can go to local orchards or farms and pick seasonal fruit. We drove down there on Labor Day for some peach picking.
For 500 yen (about $5), you can pick and eat as much as you want while you're there. Then it's 100 yen per peach to take them home.

I left the really high ones for Chris.

This was the farmer who packed up our peaches for us. He told us the apple season started in 10 days... I'll have to go back...

We picked 20 peaches to take home. I figured I would have to make cobblers and pies and freeze some to get rid of them all, but by the time I got ingredients for a pie, the peaches were gone... They were so good, we ate them all within about a week and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment