Thursday, August 19, 2010

Oh, Japan

One of the best parts of living in Japan (okay, this might just be a minor perk, but still fun) is all the signs that you see... Here are a few of my favorites. (You'll be able to read them better if you click on them).

This very touching poem was posted in the window of a Pachinko in Tokyo.

Subway sign in Tokyo.

Umm... I think this is an instructional sign demonstrating the proper use of a western style toilet. This was in one of the bathrooms in Sapporo.

This is in the Olympic Ski Jump Stadium in Sapporo. I think what they might have been trying to say was "Slippery when wet"...??


Smoking is a lot more common (and acceptable) in Japan than it is in the States... and it's no wonder. Who wouldn't want to smoke if smoking made you look like this guy!? ;)

And, yes, that is a cigarette vending machine.


This pretty much sums it up... I think they overestimate my "understanding".

No comments:

Post a Comment