Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Oirase Gorge


After our snowshoe/hike up Hakkoda-San that I blogged about earlier, we drove back down to the valley and hiked along Oirase Gorge.



I love reading some of the English that I see around Japan... It's always a little off. On our map, "Oirase Gorge" was "Oirase Gauge". In the Hachinohe train station, Yew Tree Plaza is occasionally spelled "Yew Tree Plaza". This sign demonstrates my point... they did correct the spelling of "Longdisistance", but I think the damage has been done.



The trail is really beautiful and just follows a stream through the valley.



There are lots of really pretty waterfalls along the way. I've heard that fall is the best time to hike this trail. I'll definitely be back.



When we got back to where we had parked our car, Huck introduced us to a very nice Japanese family.

They wanted so badly to get a picture of the little boy petting Huck. All Huck wanted was to lick the little boy's face. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment