Sunday, January 30, 2011

Misawa Winter

I haven't been blogging much lately... mostly because I haven't done anything interesting:) So far, my winter has consisted of snow shoveling, snow shoeing, walking the dogs in the snow, cleaning the snow off of the cars, and other less than interesting snow related things.

This year, the snow didn't really start until January. All of December, I was being lulled into a false sense of security. I thought to myself, "I don't know why people are complaining about Misawa winters! This is nothing! The temperature rarely drops below 20 degrees, and all we get is flurries! Why in the world did I have to get a 4-wheel drive vehicle with snow tires for this?"

Then January came.
The first week of January I spent about an hour and a half each day clearing my sidewalk and parking spaces. I'm not a particularly slow snow shoveler, I just had to shovel several times each day, so the shovel time added up. This picture is probably a half hour after I had just finished cleaning off the cars (again).

I spend a lot less time shoveling now... but mostly just because I've lowered my standards:)

The other issue with lots of snow is that there is often too much snow on the sidewalks to walk the dog. So I dug out the snowshoes we got last year for Christmas (possibly the best Christmas present ever), gave Chris' snowshoes to my friend, Alison, and we started snowshoeing in the golf course by our houses to get the dogs exercise.

Lowen and Huck don't seem to miss our walks:)

It's nice to have an entire golf course to ourselves.

Watching the dogs swim through the snow makes me appreciate having snowshoes.

I've decided I love Misawa winters.

No comments:

Post a Comment