Sunday, October 24, 2010

Lowen and Huck at Oirase Gorge

Fall is beautiful here in Japan. Beautiful weather, beautiful leaves, beautiful scenery. My friend, Alison, and I have been enjoying the fall weather for the last month or two as we run or walk our dogs. Last weekend we decided we needed a little variety so we took the dogs to Oirase Gorge and Lake Towada for the day.
Lowen is an American Bulldog. She is Huck's new best friend.

I don't see as much dog breed variety in Japan as I did in the States. I would say 80% of all the dogs here are Shiba Inus, and maybe 10% of the dogs here are dachshunds, and the rest of the dogs belong to Americans. Huck draws a lot of attention when we have him out and about, but it's nothing compared to the attention Lowen got. We had at least 5 people ask to take pictures of Lowen, or with her.

Alison and the dogs.

Probably my favorite picture... I caught Lowen mid-yawn. Just looking at her makes me yawn too.

We were a little early for the peak fall color, but it was still beautiful.


After Oirase Gorge, we visited Lake Towada. This is on the way to one of the more popular shrines near the lake.

I've seen a LOT of shrines in Japan, but so far this is my favorite because of the setting.


Lake Towada

Aww... a 2-person paddleboat shaped like a swan. How romantic:)

Very popular bronze maidens statue. I can't remember what's so important about it.

It was a good day, and our dogs slept the whole way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment